Agricorp is looking for an Adjuster to join our Regional Services team in the Program Delivery division. This opportunity will appeal to those interested in representing Agricorp locally in North Eastern Ontario (with specific responsibilities in the Timiskaming District &the Earlton/ New Liskeard area) with crop specialties that include grains and oilseeds and forage crops. The coverage area includes both English and French speaking customers.
The Adjuster will use their local knowledge of clients, crops and agronomics to act as the key Agricorp resource for the inspection of crops, investigation and settlement of claims, audits and other local services. In this role you will:
- Handle enrolment, underwriting assessments, contract establishment, premium collection, claims adjudication, and settlement activities for assigned clients.
- Conduct inspections and audits, including damage report investigations, seasonal crop inspections, yield claims, acreage and application of losses due to uninsured perils.
- Provide agronomic and crop plan knowledge and expertise to other departments or projects as required.
- Perform other adjusting duties as required.
Job Status: 1 contract
Salary Range: Open
Location: North Eastern Ontario (with specific responsibilities in the Timiskaming District &the Earlton/ New Liskeard area)
- Post-secondary education in agriculture or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in farming or in the agricultural industry with a specialization in crop production.
- Knowledge of Ontario agronomy and the management and marketing of local crops.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders using influence and authority.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) an asset.
- French is an asset.
- Achieving quality results – Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures, while managing risk.
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Information gathering – Locates and collects data from appropriate sources and analyzes it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Planning and organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates, and adjusts plans to reach goals while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Program knowledge – Knows and understands the programs and services provided by Agricorp.