Agricorp is looking for a Procurement and Contract Specialist to join the Corporate Services team in the Finance and Corporate Services division. This role provides responsive and effective sourcing as well as procurement of common, specialized or unique goods and services. The Corporate Services team works closely with representatives throughout the organization and with external vendors and service providers.
As a Procurement and Contract Specialist you will provide expertise in the areas of specification documentation (e.g., requests for proposals), sourcing, purchasing, contract development, invoicing and supply management – ensuring financial prudence, integrity and compliance with corporate policies and applicable public sector directives. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Services. In this role, you will:
- Provide effective and diligent procurement of goods and services for clients at all levels of the organization, working on multiple purchase orders, requests or tenders concurrently
- Assess business needs and prepare specifications, source vendor or supplier, participate in discovery and decision-making processes, approve purchases within delegated authority and coordinate approval process for larger purchases
- Respond to client purchase requests; consult with customers and stakeholders in the development of regular specification documents; coordinate tendering, conduct reviewing and approval processes from end-to-end; source vendors or suppliers on behalf of customers; and maintain a record of all procurement activities and service provider contracts
- Prepare, edit/review and proof-read documents to ensure accuracy and clarity
- Develop a working rapport with vendors; provide input to preferred vendor lists and vendors of record (VOR) and respond to external inquiries
- Provide guidance and advice to Agricorp staff by clarifying the OPS procurement directive and Agricorp’s policy and practices
Job Status: Permanent position
Salary range: Open
- Degree or diploma in business or public administration, or related experience in purchasing in the public sector
- 3 to 5 years’ related purchasing or procurement experience; public sector experience is required
- Completion of the Ontario Public Buyers Association “Principles of Effective Public Purchasing Certificate Program” is an asset.
- Designation as a “Certified Professional Public Buyer” by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council is an asset.
- Experience preparing and negotiating several forms of purchase orders, requests for proposals, requests for information, etc.
- Experience providing facilities management oversight is an asset
- Attention to detail – Able to be conscientious, accurate and thorough
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
- Critical judgment, decision-making and problem solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
- Influence – Influences, convinces and gains support from others
- Business acumen – Knows and understands business fundamentals and uses this knowledge to enhance business performance
- Writing skills – Communicates ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact