- Operate a minimum of 50 bee hives.
- Insure all your hives. All hives must be reported and enrolled in Production Insurance.
- Have adequate equipment (e.g., number of supers per hive) for the size of your operation.
- Register under the Bees Act.
- Register and update annually all beeyard locations with the
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Follow good farm management practices. If your practices contribute to a production loss, you may lose some or all of your insurance coverage.
- Meet all
deadlines to ensure that your Production Insurance contract remains in good standing.
Contact us if your business structure changes, including changes to name, address, shareholders and farm management practices.
Hives must be stocked with the Apis mellifera species.
Nucs intended for production of honey will be eligible for insurance, but we reserve the right to inspect hives and decline insurance on weak hives by July 5.