- Grow a minimum of three acres.
- Follow good farm management practices.
- Meet all deadlines to ensure that your Production Insurance contract remains in good standing.
- Contact us if your business structure changes, including changes to name, address, shareholders and farm management practices.
- Report damage as soon as it occurs.
- Insure your full crop. All acres seeded to establish long-term hay or pasture fields (whether seeded directly or with a nurse crop) must be enrolled in Production Insurance.
- Both spring-seeded and summer-seeded new forage seeding
A hay field that is at least one year old may be eligible for insurance under the forage rainfall plan.
If you have a landlord/sharecropper arrangement, each person must insure their share of the crop individually.
Alfalfa under-seeded to winter wheat is not insurable.
Coverage extends from seeding until May 31 of the following year, or until the first pasturing or cut of hay in the following year, whichever comes first.