All farm businesses in Ontario that gross $7,000 or more annually are required by law to register their farm business with Agricorp.
There are two distinct benefits to registering your farm business:
- Farm property class tax rate - You may qualify to pay 25 per cent of the municipal residential rate on your agricultural land.
- Membership in an accredited farm organization - With a valid FBR number, you can obtain a membership in one of three accredited farm organizations:
- Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO)
- National Farmers Union – Ontario (NFU-O)
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA)