Agricorp is looking for a Procurement, Contract and Records Management Specialist to join the Corporate Services team in the Corporate Services division. The Corporate Services team works closely with representatives throughout the organization and with external vendors and service providers.
As a Procurement, Contract and Records Management Specialist, you will provide effective sourcing and procurement of common and specialized goods and services. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for the records management program at Agricorp. You will also provide expertise in the areas of specification documentation (e.g., RFPs), sourcing, purchasing, contract development, invoicing, and records management to ensure financial prudence, integrity and compliance with corporate policies and applicable public sector directives. In this role, you will:
- Provide effective and diligent procurement of goods and services for clients at all levels of the organization while working on multiple concurrent purchase orders, requests or tenders
- Assess business needs and prepare specifications, source vendors and suppliers, participate in discovery and decision-making processes, approve purchases within delegated authority, and coordinate the approval process for larger purchases
- Respond to client purchase requests, work with clients and stakeholders in the development of regular specification documents, and maintain a record of all procurement activities and service provider contracts
- Oversee the company-wide implementation of the Records Management and Retention policy and procedures, address the needs of the organization by advising on proper use, and interpret the policy, procedures and directives
- Consult with clients to clarify needs and review and modify specifications as needed for requested products or services to support procurement processes, such as goods and services purchasing and service tenders
- Maintain and manage working relationships with vendors, provide input into preferred vendor lists and Vendors of Record, and respond to external vendor inquiries
- Provide professional expertise, technical assistance and buyer options for clients making purchases or when difficulties arise
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met
- Provide input into vendor selection through sourcing strategies, coordinating RFP bidding and discovering processes for other departments and divisions
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Agricorp policies, practices and directives, such as the Ontario Public Service Procurement Directive and Ministry of Government and Consumer Services Corporate Policy on Recordkeeping, to provide timely and accurate information and support to clients requesting goods and services and records management assistance
Job status: 12-month contract
Salary range: Open
- Degree or diploma in business or public administration or related experience in public sector purchasing
- Proven experience preparing and negotiating several forms of purchase orders, such as RFPs and RFSs
- 2-4 years' experience in purchasing an asset
- Public sector experience an asset
- Enrollment in or completion of the Ontario Public Buyers Association's "Principles of Effective Public Purchasing" certificate program an asset
- Records and Information Management Certification from an accredited college or university an asset
- Attention to detail – Is conscientious, accurate and thorough
- Achieving Quality Results – Focuses efforts on managing one's self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization's standards and measures, while managing risk.
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
- Critical judgment, decision-making and problem solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
- Influence – Influences, convinces and gains support from others