The Canada-Ontario Transported Feed AgriRecovery Initiative provides government support to livestock farmers in northwestern Ontario who have incurred extraordinary costs to source feed or transport livestock to feed arising from drought conditions since June of 2021.
Applications will be accepted through November 1, 2021.
How it works
Eligible livestock farmers in the Rainy River, Kenora and Thunder Bay districts can apply using the application form.The following information is required to apply:
- Number and species of eligible Livestock
- Hay and pasture acreage available to the Applicant
- Standard and dry weather yields of said hay acreage
- Hay purchased for the 2021 feeding period
- Hay obtained from the Beef Farmers of Ontario
To participate in the initiative, farmers need to have:
For a complete list of eligibility requirements and for more information, read the