- Sell crops only to licensed dealers.
- Cash your cheques within five banking days of the date the cheque is made payable.
- Notify the chief inspector immediately by calling Agricorp at 1-888-247-4999 if your dealer fails to meet the required payment timelines (see Grain dealer responsibilities below).
- Store crops only at licensed elevator operators.
- Ensure that you receive weigh tickets for each delivery.
- Ensure that you receive a grain storage receipt within 45 trading days of delivery, or within five trading days of request.
- Ensure that your grain storage receipt is signed by the elevator operator and that it shows the expiry date, charges and any other arrangements you made with the elevator operator.
- Notify the chief inspector immediately by calling Agricorp at 1-888-247-4999 if your elevator operator fails to meet storage obligations.
Grain dealer responsibilities
- Hold and post a valid grain dealer licence in your establishment.
- Deduct your checkoff fees and remit them to the appropriate commodity organizations each month.
- Make payments to producers within the required timelines:
- For sales upon delivery: Issue payment within 10 trading days or by the date specified in a deferred payment arrangement.
- For sales out of storage: Issue payment by 2 p.m. on the fifth trading day after the sale or by the date specified in a deferred payment arrangement.
- For basis contracts: Issue a minimum of 60 per cent of the market price within required timelines, as per payment arrangement (e.g., deferred, upon delivery or out of storage).
- For deferred payment arrangements: Provide producer or owner with written confirmation of any deferred payment arrangements within five trading days of the arrangement date.
Elevator operator responsibilities
- Hold and post a valid grain elevator operator licence in your establishment.
- Issue a weigh ticket for each load of grain when you deliver the crop.
- Issue grain storage receipts within 45 trading days of first delivery, or within five trading days of request. Receipts must be signed by an authorized representative and indicate expiry date, charges and any other agreements you have entered into.
- Release the grain to owner upon request.