Current funding status
As of Nov 28, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
Funding allocated||Funding still available|
|Tender fruit and table grapes||Open||
The wine grape intake is anticipated in the winter of 2024.
More information will be available on this page.
About the initiative
The Canadian and Ontario governments have announced funding of up to $8 million over 3 years for apple, tender fruit, table grape, and wine grape growers.
The funding is intended to help growers plant varieties of produce that will improve quality, production, and marketability.
These improvements will help achieve:
- Better alignment with changing consumer preferences
- Increased yields
- Improved cold hardiness
- Improved resistance to pests and diseases
- Improved labour efficiency
The funding is available through the Growing Future Opportunities Initiative, under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
|Apple, tender fruit, and table grape growers|
- Growers can receive 75% of eligible costs up to $50,000 to replace existing varieties with different varieties of tender fruit trees, apple trees, or table grapes.
- The trees and vines being replaced must have been in commercial production within the last 3 years.
- Growers need to replant in the same location they removed the trees and vines from.
- If application is approved, eligible costs are incurred starting on October 30, 2023.
Applications and guidelines|
Read the initiative guidelines and applicable Schedule before completing your application form.
Date intake period|
10:00am on November 20, 2023
This date and time are subject to change. Check this page for updates the week of November 6.
How to apply|
- Download the application form from the link above.
- Save it to your computer.
- Email your completed application form to
[email protected] or fax it to 519-826-4118 when the intake opens.
Agricorp will contact all applicants to confirm their eligibility once the intake period has closed. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis.
Do not submit your application early. Applications submitted before 10:00am on November 20 will need to be resubmitted when intake is open.
We encourage you to complete your application form in advance of the intake period opening so you are ready to go.