January 18, 2023
The Grain Financial Protection Board and Agricorp have made it easier for farmers to file a claim through the Grain Financial Protection Program.
It's now easier to complete the claim form
- It's shorter.
- The clear and simple format makes it easy to give the right information, which means less follow-up.
- It helps make record keeping easier. Farmers can keep all of their claim information and interactions in one document.
- There are more options for farmers to do business their way. They can:
- Complete and submit the form online.
- Print a hard copy of the form, and mail or fax it.
A new information sheet outlines the claim process
information sheet can help farmers understand the claim process and required timelines. Understanding the process can make it easier to file a claim and reduces the burden of any unnecessary administrative steps for the farmer.
- Farmers should always work with licensed dealers and elevators to ensure they are financially protected.
- Farmers can
check the status of a grain dealer or elevator operator's licence quickly and easily using Agricorp's online tool.
- Farmers should promptly notify the Chief Inspector of the Grain Financial Protection Program if a dealer or elevator does not meet their payment or storage obligations.