Eligible veal cattle
To be eligible for payment, veal cattle must be:
- Sold for slaughter during the program year
- Produced and owned by you in Ontario for a minimum of 90 days
- Within the weight ranges shown below
|Veal category||Weight range at time of sale (live weight)|
|Veal cattle||600 – 769 lb. (individual weight)*|
* Veal cattle veal sold on a group weight basis are not eligible for payment.
Estimating your insured production
Use the weight ranges shown in the table above when estimating your insured production.
Veal cattle example:
A veal producer plans to sell:
- 200 veal cattle weighing approximately 700 lb.
Veal cattle insured production = 200 head